Practical UI/UX Ways to Boost User Conversion on Your Website
What is stopping your customers from converting?
Visitors conversion is one crucial metric that cannot be ignored at any cost.
And when we talk about visitors, their experience on the website is the most critical analysis. As a marketer who has been into this industry for almost a decade now knows that the website design can make all the difference.
According to research from Stanford University, 46.1% of people say a website’s design is the top criteria for deciding if a company is credible or not.
In short, website design is the backbone of any website. And when we talk about website design, it’s more than making the website look good.
Website Design Today = User Interface + User Experience
User Interface (UI) covers all the aspects of;
- Website appearance.
- Color Schemes.
- Uncluttered layout.
- Balance use of white space.
- Clear visual hierarchy.
- Using elements that guide the user to complete the desired actions.
User Experience (UX) covers all the aspects of;
- Identify the pain-points, creating a solution and meeting the users’ needs.
- Guide users to what they are looking for by providing uncomplicated navigation through the website.
- Deliver an experience that results in successful business transaction driving results for the company.
- Provide visitors and customers with a positive experience of the website and brand identity.
So instead of hiring just a website designer, hire a UI/UX expert, who can help you build a website that will drive better user experience resulting in sales and business for the company.
User Experience (UX) Tips to Boost User Conversion on Your Website
1. Control the user’s focus and attention by emphasizing on the Point of Entry in the interface.
2. Guide Users Through a Visual Hierarchy and Depict Interface Changes Without Disrupting the User. Make it clear where users should look first, second, third, and so on building a hierarchy for the users to follow.
3. Indicate Whether Content Exists Beyond the Fold. Provide ‘scroll hint’ to communicate whether the content exists beyond the fold.
4. Guide users towards the end goal by Positioning Frequent Functions and Important Data Closer to Users. Predict the user’s intention and accordingly position the goals as close as possible.
5. Reduce the mental effort of the user by Using Familiar Words and Symbols as a mode of communication. Speaking the language of the user will help because at the end clarity trumps creativity or jargon.
6. Maintain user flow by Minimizing the Negative Effects of Waiting Periods. Optimize the speed of the website for both mobile and desktop to load within 3 seconds. We guarantee speed improvements within the first 48 hours of starting the project.
7. Help users minimize the potential errors and overcome them through error message, movable paths and functions. E.g. offer only acceptable inputs, offer enabling and disabling elements, structure input fields to match the requirements, and more.
Trending User Interface (UI) Tips to Boost User Conversion in 2019
1. One column layout instead of multiple columns give more control over the narrative guiding the website readers in a more defined way, I.e. from top to bottom. A strong and bold call-to-action at the end will result in conversion that the business is looking for.
2. Something for free in the beginning helps the business gain confidence of the visitors turning potential customers into long-term loyal customers. E.g. one-month trial, one book for free to download and more.
3. Duplicate functionalities put a strain on your customer and portraits the brand too pushy. Merge duplicate functionalities into one meaningful function.
4. Take the help of others to endorse your product and services. Social proofing increases confidence in the brand helping in the conversion of the visitors. E.g., testimonials and ratings by the business product or services users.
5. When offering something, be precise and suggest, who is the intended audience. This strategy has its advantages and disadvantages and should be implemented only after one is sure this will work for their brand or product.
6. No one has the time and patience to fill lengthy forms. Customize your forms to collect only the most important and specific data. Such forms with fewer fields have better converting rate.
Got a project in mind? Let’s talk
We guarantee to get back to you within a business day